Yesterday’s trip to the Farmer’s Market was a success! We picked up some sweet potatoes, zucchini, corn, rainbow carrots, and peaches all for $15.
After getting home yesterday, I started thinking about what I really wanted to accomplish in my fitness journey. I began writing a list of goals for July. This is what I came up with:
- Walk 10,000 steps a day on the weekends
- Walk 5,000 steps a day during the week ( Because I work a desk job, most of my days are spent sitting, so reaching 10,000 steps may be unrealistic. This is a goal that I may change and up the number if I see that this can be done very easily. I definitely want a challenge. lol)
- Finish the C25K program
- Strength train 2-3 times a week (this is something I really need to work on. I don’t do this nearly as much as I should and I know how important it is)
- Eat more fruits & veggies. I have already made my menus for the month so this should be easy as long as we don’t stray from the menus
- Photograph each meal & snack at least 3-4 times a week. This is something I have been meaning to do, but remembering to do it it another story. Hope you don’t mind some iPhone and Instagram pics. haha
- Participate in at least two What I Ate Wednesday parties hosted by the amazing Jenn of Peas and Crayons
- Complete a plank and bridge each day
I do not like Georgia humidity. I never have, and I don’t think I ever will. Stepping outside your door at 7 in the morning into that sticky weather that instantly makes you feel like you need to go back in and take another shower is awful. So far this year, we’ve been lucky with humidity and heat, but I have a feeling Savannah’s luck has run out. The past few days the heat has been increasing, and the humidity is getting worse. We’re finally starting to hit the 90’s, which I know there are plenty of you that are struggling with high temperatures that you’re not used. I feel for you. I think the 90’s are here to stay. 🙁 The only time I’m not as bothered by temperatures in the 90s are beach days. I can lather on some sun screen and head into the ocean. But if it’s not a beach day, the 90s can leave, along with the humidity. That can leave and never come back.
Just like this morning, it was a gorgeous outside when I got home from work, just hotter, but not unbearable. I thought tonight would be a great night to take a family walk. I love taking family walks but often times we get so wrapped in the night routines that we don’t really make the time for them.
TJ suggested Dylan bring his bike. That plan didn’t work out so well. One thing Dylan is not very confident in is riding his bike, so much so that he still has training wheels (I know, I know, but we’re working on it, I promise). Apparently the training wheels haven’t been staying on very well. They have fallen on once and TJ put them back on. On our first lap, one of the wheels fell and broke, so there was no way we could fix it, so TJ took the other one off and there’s no turning back now, Dylan will be learning to ride his bike from here on out with no training wheels. LOL!
Me and TJ decided to have a little fun with the bike while we helped Dylan wheel it back.
Just in case you didn’t know, you may now be able to tell by this picture, or the one from yesterday with my hubby, and the fact that I can almost ride Dylan’s bike while sitting on the seat, that I’m not very tall. I come at a whopping 4’10.” I know, I’m a frickin’ giant. hahaha!
After that first lap, we dropped the bike off at the house and started our second lap. The second lap went much smoother. Unfortunately, no one else wanted anymore than two laps, so it was in to the house to get the kids ready for bed.
Little did I know, TJ was also exhausted.
I’m sure I’m jinxing myself, but the weather here in GA over the past few days has been beautiful. The humidity hasn’t been unbearable (and coming from me, that says a lot) and the temperatures have been in the 80’s. It’s been fabulous! This morning, I went for a run and it was 69 outside. Perfect! But before I get to that run, let’s rewind to Saturday.
Saturday, I spent the day outside working at a baseball tournament for a friend. It was the easiest money I ever made. I sat at the back gate, selling admission tickets and checking for a stamped hand if they already paid. But since I was at the back gate, I wasn’t busy, so I got a lot of 50 Shades of Grey reading done, along with some photography ideas and locations written down. This was my view all day. I love that my Nook was able to stay in my lap almost all day.
This morning I decided to go for a run before work instead of after workout. I definitely think that was the right choice. It was gorgeous outside. Today I started Week 5 of the C25K program. There were 3 runs in 5 minute intervals with a 3 minute walk between each run. I really thought this would kill me, but I surprised myself. I paced myself a little better than I have before and did well. I wasn’t dying by the end of that run. My time was a little slower but I’m OK with it because it wasn’t too bad and I’m learning to pace myself in the earlier runs so that I’m not dying by the end. I have hit the point where I’m really starting to enjoy going for a run and am quite anxious to get to the point where I can run longer periods of time.
Whew! What a fun and busy weekend.
First, I have to start off with the great news. I don’t know if you remember, but Jordyn broke her arm a few weeks ago. We took her to the doctor, and they took the cast off, and took the pins out of her arm!!! They wrapped her arm in a soft wrap so the wound where the pins were could close and told us we could take it off in a few days. So when I get home from work, off the wrap comes. YAY!!!!!!
- Shape Up Workout from my Comcast On Demand that I talked about here
- Another Comcast On Demand workout was a yoga session with Bethany Frankel
- And my last session: yesterday morning from, you guessed On Demand. Unfortunately, and adorable little girl woke up in the middle of the session, so I had to take a break long enough to get out of her crib and then it was back to yoga. Jordyn thought it was so fun to crawl under me and sit there during some of my poses, so getting out of the poses either meant they weren’t graceful or I just had to stay until she decided to move. LOL! Gotta love kids.
The weekend is almost over and I’m not ready for it to end. It was such a great weekend. Yesterday was a girl’s day with one of my best friends, Beth. It started with a bridesmaids dress fitting for her wedding in December. And then it was off to her apartment to help her pack up her car with a load of items to take to her fiancé’s house. Her lease is up at the end of the month and rather than renew for 6 months, she’s moving on with him early. It was then off for lunch at Chili’s and finally to Sam’s Club for LOTS of fruit!
It’s Friday! WOO HOO! I am so ready for the weekend. I’ve got C25K plans, a bridesmaid dress fitting (fingers crossed I’ve dropped a size since I tried it when it was picked out 2 months ago), and cleaning plans (as if cleaning plans were a surprise to you).
How is everyone’s Memorial Day weekend going? We’re hanging in here and bracing for Tropical Storm Beryl. Personally, I’m not worried. I think we’ll end up with lots of rain and wind but nothing that will cause too much damage, although a few trees have fallen in the city. We’ve been under a Tropical Storm Warning since yesterday morning and it’s supposed to last through Tuesday. This morning they added a Flood Watch too. We’re slightly inland so I’m not worried about flooding at all.
As we speak, the front of the storm is beginning to hit Jacksonville, FL and expected to make landfall in a few hours.