As I sit here writing this post, I am in disbelief we it’s 2014. I feel like 2013 just started. Time is flying by so fast. But with the start of a new year, I’m starting with some new goals. Personal goals, blogging goals, and professional goals. And today, I thought I’d share those goals with you.
They’re not static. I feel that as the year goes on, my goals can change and I may need to refine them. I am OK with that. As we grow and learn about ourselves, personally and professionally, we learn to define our goals in way that fit us. With that in mind, I made these a bit open-ended and vague. I know that, but I feel that this may allow me to truly accomplish my goals,
2014 is all about becoming a better me. Becoming a better me is taking time for myself. Working out, eating right, relaxing “me” time. It may sound selfish but I know that this will also make me a better wife and mother to my family, which is the ultimate goal
- Read 25 books. I love to read but I don’t always
havemake the time to read. It relaxes me and a relaxed wife and mommy makes a happy wife and mommy.
- Workout 3-4 times each week. I have slacked on working out recently and I need to get back to it. I actually miss it.
- Run a half marathon. This is actually a goal I have to complete by the time TJ graduates from SCAD in March 2015, but Savannah only has a handful of half marathons each year. I am no where near ready to run on this Spring, so that leaves one in November or a few in 2015. TJ is also contemplating going to school through the summer, which means he could be graduating November 2014 (EEEK!!), so choosing the half marathon we have in November is the perfect option. Either way, the goal is accomplished.
- Adding to the half marathon, I want to run a race each month. I have already planned which races I would like to run, some of the being a few virtual races to save a little money but I am pretty pumped about this. I’ll share this list with you later in the week.
- Meatless dinners 2-4 times/week. This is actually a goal that will take a while to accomplish and a place I would like us as a family to be at by the end of the year, so this definitely wont be happenin right away. I have to work on getting that meat-eatnig hubby of mine to go meatless more often.
These are very general goals and are not quite as defined as they probably should be, but I know I want the blog to grow.
- post 1-2 times each week. In the past I have told myself I need to post every day, and it was really hard and a bit overwhelming. It would cause me to almost never post. So instead of trying to post every day, I’m shooting for 1-2 each week. It’s a doable goal that won’t leave me freaking out.
- Redesign the blog. I don’t know how just yet, but I know I want to.
- I want to dive more into social media and gain more readers and reader interaction.
I own my photography business. It’s extremely small and I don’t get a ton of sessions, but I want the business to grow. I have hopes that 2014 will be the year it grows bigger.
- I would like book 1-3 sessions each month. Ideally, I’d love to have more but I need to start small.
- Network, network, network! This is big and I know something I need to work on so people can start knowing who I am. My goal is to network here more and hopefully start networking whereever we will be moving to as soon as we know.
- Build a marketing plan. Marketing is a bit overwhelming to me. There are so many ways you can market and it’s a lot of information. This year, I want to dive into the marketing aspect and really begin to understand it.
While I know some of these goals will be tough, I know I can do them all if I focus and work hard.
What are your goals for 2014?